Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quick Quiche


Good Morning Gal Pals!

Since I am a fulltime working gal with an hour commute, I’m constantly on the lookout for quick & easy recipes being that I like to cook homemade meals.  I came across this recipe the other day on the Women Living Well website courtesy of guest blogger, Janelle Nehrenz.  It really is a quick dish to prepare.  It only took me 10 minutes of prep time.  I was able to relax for 45 minutes on the couch with a magazine while I waited for it to bake.  Talk about no fuss!  This recipe is perfect for a potluck, brunch or dinner; just add a green salad or fruit salad and it will make a hearty meal that is sure to impress your family or guests. 

Quick Quiche


Ingredients

 1 pre-made pie shell
6 eggs
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 cup diced ham

¼ cup diced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt/pepper



Directions

Preheat oven to 375

Spray  small pan with non-stick spray and sauté onions with chopped ham for appx 5 mins.  Pour sauted ham and onions and shredded cheese into premade pie shell. Beat eggs with heavy cream until well blended, add salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake 35-45 mins until set. (When you take the quiche out of the oven, the middle of the pie should not jiggle)
 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment