Friday, May 11, 2012

Tebow Pizza Pie




Hey Gal Pals!

Long time no bloggy post. I know...I know...Well, the month of April is a complete blur for me. It started out by us flying to California to visit my family for about 10 days. During that time, I took and passed the 6 hour long real estate appraisal exam that I had worked on getting for 7 years!   It was tough, but I passed.   Praise God! Then we came home for a bit and left again for Hawaii. My husband had an army conference in Oahu and baby and I got to tag along.  We stayed at a nice military resort on Waikiki Beach.   It was great!  Anyhow, that's why I haven't posted for a while, but rest assured I'm back now.

So yesterday I was watching Good Morning America and was intrigued when I saw Tim Tebow (Quarterback for the Broncos....ugh....make that the NY Jets now) and his mother on the show doing a cooking segment.  Here's the video link:


Even though we are NY Giants fans in our home, we do have a soft spot for Tim Tebow and I just couldn't resist watching this segment, especially when I heard the word "PIZZA". They made his favorite dish together on the show. It's called Pizza Pie and is literally like a pie. It's so easy, and, OH MY GOSH!!! It's so delish!  So, I made it for dinner this past Friday night.  I made a few changes and cooked it for only 15 minutes because my oven seems to have a tendency to burn things. Hope you make it too.  If you are a deep dish pizza and carb lover you won't be disappointed.  It would be an easy a great dish to serve when entertaining as well.  Here's the recipe.  Enjoy!


TEBOW PIZZA PIE

Yields: 2 pizza pies


Ingredients

2 pgks. biscuit dough
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper
1/2 c. fresh Parmesan cheese
1 c. mozzarella cheese
1 c. pasta sauce
1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
cooking spray

Directions

Brown meat, bell pepper and Italian seasoning all together.  Drain grease if necessary (if using lean, you won't need to).


Set this aside and assemble dough for pie crust.  Pinch together six biscuits and roll flat with a rolling pin.  This will form the crust for one pizza pie. 


Spray the bottom and side of either a cake pan or pie tin with cooking spray.  Place the dough in the pan and reform so it reaches up the sides of the dish. 


Now, sprinkle a 1/4 c. of the Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the crust.  Add 1/2 of the meat mixture to the dish and pour 1/2 c. pasta sauce on top and spread evenly over the meat.  Sprinkle with 1/2 c. of the mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

*When I calculated the calories based on the way I made it, it came out to about 300 calories per serving (6 servings total). 
PS- you will have left over biscuits, so just cook 'em up. :)

2 comments: