Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cute Christian Songs for Kids


Good Morning Gals Pals!
 
Since my daughter has entered into toddler-hood, I've recently caught myself singing some of my favorite childhood songs to her.  Sometimes they not only help to keep her attention and entertain her, but they help lift my spirits and cope with those little precious moments that arise from having a toddler.  Here are my top four favorite Christian children songs.  I've also included video links that I found online of children singing them so you have an idea of how the melody goes. 


 
My Favorite Christian Children’s Songs


 
Patient Song
Be patient, be patient, don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient, you only start to worry
Remember, remember, that God is patient too
And think of all the times when others had to wait for you
 
(Video)
 

 
 

This is the Day
This is the day, this is the day,
That the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made.
I will rejoice, I will rejoice,
And be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord hath made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
This is the day, this is the day,
That the Lord hath made.
(
repeat 4 times)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZsG3r1KsQ

(Video)

 

 
 

This Little Light of Mine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

Light that shines is the light of love,
Hides the darkness from above,
Shines on me and it shines on you,
Shows you what the power of love can do.
Shine my light both bright and clear,
Shine my light both far and near,
In every dark corner that I find,
Let my little light shine.

(Chorus)
Monday gave me the
gift of love,
Tuesday peace came from above,
Wednesday told me to have more faith,
Thursday gave me a little more grace,
Friday told me to watch and
pray,
Saturday told me just what to say,
Sunday gave me the power divine
To let my little light shine.
(Chorus twice)
Shine, shine, shine, shine, shine.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGEB9obazFs

(Video)

 
 
 

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Refrain
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”
Refrain
Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.
Refrain
Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Refrain
Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.
Refrain
 
(Video)

Psalm 95:1 -Come, Let us sing to the Lord!  Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment